Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Cat names

A few months ago, my sister Janine and I decided that the best cat names should contain a title or honorific. While I don't own a cat, or really ever plan on changing that fact, I have come up with a list of good names for cats. Feel free to use any of the following:

Captain Fluffypaw
Baron von Mouselicker
Fatty "Fats" Fatty-cat, the fat
Colonel Reginald Fuzz
The lieutenant (must be pronounced the British way - LEFTtenant)
Mr. Archibald Renfrow, the third (only applies if this is your third cat)
Count Lickyfur
Dutchess Spottyface
Fluffy T. Furryfur
Angus McJumpOnTheCouch
Corporal Fang (for mean cats)
Queen LazyMew
Lady Hairball
Mrs. Crinkles (this one is good if you are an old lady)
My cat (good for amnesiacs)
Your cat (good if your friends are amnesiacs)
Catty P CatCat, Esq.
General Tailey Winkersnortz
President Litterbox
Marquis Le Purr
Dame Esmerelda Pukebreath

4 comments:

Colleen said...

I visiting taught a lady a while ago with Alzheimers. She had a cat, and so at one point when we were looking for something to talk about, we asked what the cat's name was. She couldn't remember, so she asked her husband. He's obviously not a cat lover, because he told us the cat's name was "Stupid". Needless to say, none of us found out what it's name really is.

Janine said...

That was so funny I almost snorted yogurt out my nose. I may rename Lola as Fatty "Fats" Fatty-cat, the fat....it fits somehow.

Also, don't forget my friend's cat, also named by her non-cat loving husband...Pita...actually its p.i.t.a and it stands for pain-in-the-a**

Georgina said...

Our friends have a cat named Mr Niggs b/c he's a black cat. Nice. We also have friends with a cat named Chico Ritziatzi. If we ever get a cat (which we won't b/c I hate them) we will name it Pizza Cat. Not really sure why, but I know we have discussed it.

Anonymous said...

So I have had a few cats over the years: Lola, Jeremiah, Tom (really original!), Ali (after the boxer), Xena, Zeke, Slippers - But your names are SO MUCH BETTER. I say no more stupid one or two syllable cat names. In fact, I think Janine and I are agreed that our next cat should be named Commander Adama.