Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Sdrawkcab

Ok, so I've talked about strange things I do, like going through the alphabet in street signs.  Well, here's another fave passtime (read OCD tendency) that drives Kathryn absolutely bonkers.

I love to spell things out backwards in my head and then say them out loud.  And by love, I mean LOVE.  But really, I should say evol.  This really helps pass the time when you're watching live TV and have to wait for commercials.  I like to see ads for Atoyot and Drof, Elppa and Yrrebkcalb.

The real fun comes from trying to pronounce the words properly the first time.  I get endless hours of fun out of this.  Of course, as with all my strange tendencies, I wonder if anyone else does this?  Does anyone else know their name backwards like I do?  (P.S., Lawobab Divad and in case you're curious, Lawobab Nyrhtak)

The other day, I was texting with Kathryn, and she wooted me.  So in reply, I sent her a toow.  Which made me decide that from now on, my standard response to woot will be toow, as in "Toow, I acknowledge your woot".

Then she loled me, to which I replied lol (but a backwards lol).  And then I spend the rest of the night thinking about palindromes.  An evening well spent.

3 comments:

Janine said...

we all know our backwards names...we even use them for our kids email addresses

you take it all a step further though, which is great because then it makes me look and feel like the lamron gnilbis

Georgina said...

This is a great post, and now I have to enjoy my eeffoc and soireehc. (It's annoying that 'ch' and 'sh' don't make the right sound backwards.)
(Also, Eeffoc is a way cooler sound than coffee).

Greg Loveday said...

Totally do this. Awesome. Wait til we get Glenelg !!