Monday, August 26, 2013

Arrr. Here be treasure

Today, I am winning at life.

Leaving the house this morning, I quickly grabbed a coat.  (aside - a coat in August?  Welcome to Canada).  On the way out to the car, I put my hand in the coat pocket to reveal a half-eaten bag of M&Ms from the movies a few months ago.

Like, srsly, score!

I absolutely love it when this happens.  It's like finding lost treasure that you've hidden for yourself.  It's a little message from your past self to your now self - a little "hey, future me, I saved this ess just for you, cuz I know you'd appreciate.  BTW, lookin good big guy!"

Granted, a bag of M&Ms isn't quite the awesome treasure like finding a $10 bill in an old coat is, but I'll take my luck where I can.  Finding forgotten money is one of the best simple pleasures in life.  Granted, I'm really net zero on those transactions, but it sure does feel like winning the lottery.  I love the little elf that hides $10 in coat pockets.

Finding this money would be even better

Anyway, if you need me, I'm going to be stuffing my pie hole with M&Ms whilst trying on old coats.

1 comment:

Janine said...

Super funny! I love your note to yourself. Plus, you look great in those jeans -- a little feminine, but great!